As you may know, here at The Prudent Plastic Surgeon, I’m trying something new. Every week, I’m making a post called Sorta Random Sunday. These posts are going to be about…well, anything. Today’s is about a pancake recipe. Oh yeah…
If you have any ideas of topics for me to touch on, let me know by sending a message to [email protected]!
Ok, before I get into it, real credit for this goes to my wife, Selenid. She somehow stumbled upon/crafted this recipe as some kind of pancake mad scientist for our kids. And the kids absolutely LOVE them!
But, these pancakes are for anyone! We usually make a few extra for ourselves or just steal for our kids (just kidding…kind of…don’t judge me…)
So, throwing point #1 out there…these pancakes are delicious.
But, point #2 is that they are so easy to make. Even for a total non-cook like myself.
I understand that most of you are shaking your heads at me saying that pancakes in general aren’t hard to make. Whatever. They always seemed annoying to me. So many times I have just settled for cereal because I didn’t wanna bother with the whole process. Not the case with this pancake recipe!
Ok, ok fine here’s the pancake recipe!
- 1 Egg
- 1 Whole Banana
- Blueberries, if desired
- Chocolate chips, if desired (but really, c’mon…add the chocolate chips. YOLO.)
That’s right, that is all you need! No flour. No annoying mix. Nothin’ else.
Ok so now, the steps:
- Mash banana in a bowl
- Add egg to the bowl and mix it all together real nice
- Add blueberries and/or chocolate chips (seriously….YOLO)
- Mix it up just a bit more
- Heat up a pan with maybe some oil or some of that spray stuff. Or just go with nothing if you’re brave.
- Heat each side maybe 3-4 minutes. I don’t really keep track. When the bottom starts to get brownish, then flip it. (Expert hint: if it doesn’t flip easily, it’s not ready)
- Eat and just savor the deliciousness
So, now you can’t say I never share anything useful! And I hope this recipe makes reading my financial ruminations worth it!
Let me and Selenid know what you think about the recipe in the comments!