At The Prudent Plastic Surgeon, my goal is to help you navigate your financial well-being. This includes referring you to goods or services that I believe in, like access to real estate investment opportunities.
To do this, many of the products and services featured here and through the site may be from our affiliates and partners. Sometimes this means that I get paid when you use their services, at no extra cost to you.
I only will ever recommend financial resources that I have personally used or have vetted extensively and would choose to use myself!
CityVest has quickly become the most popular and best way for Doctors to invest in top performing real estate private equity funds that are usually reserved for institutional investors. This unique access to investing in these institutional funds is available for the first time ever through CityVest’s easy and secure online investment platform at www.CityVest.com. CityVest does the hard work of conducting due diligence and vetting the investments. They even get a third party due diligence report that is posted on their website. As a result of aggregating a several million dollar investment amount into their Access Funds, CityVest gains access to investing in the institutional investment AND is able to negotiate better investment terms such as a 12% preferred return. While CityVest does charge a small fee for their service, they obtain a 4% higher pref. That’s why they have grown so popular by thousands of physicians and other high net worth investors and have closed on over $40 million of investments. CityVest prides itself on providing investors with better investments and higher returns. CityVest is simply a better and smarter way to invest in real estate. Visit CityVest at www.CityVest.com or call Alan Donenfeld at 917-747-3091.
My review of the current offering:
CityVest’s current offering is CalNeva Access Fund, which is investing into the underlying fund named CalNeva Workforce Housing Fund. Here’s what CityVest did in order to bring you the CalNeva investment offering. CityVest and its third-party due diligence firm, Buttonwood Investment Services, assessed and verified the general trustworthiness, experience and safety of the underlying investment manager. Buttonwood has written a report that CityVest posts on their website for review by investors which covers the following areas:
- Current property portfolio
- Principal experience
- Investment Fund Governance – Auditors and Administrators
- Manager Investment / Skin-the-Game
- Principal Succession Planning
- Background check/review
Why Invest in CalNeva
The CalNeva due diligence checks the boxes for lower risk. In addition, CalNeva provides excellent investment performance with the enhanced 12% pref available through CityVest. CityVest’s website provides detailed information on the CalNeva fund linked here:
On the website there is an excellent overview of the Key Considerations as to why you should investing in the CalNeva Fund:
- Proven Track Record – The CalNeva investment manager has garnered a 67% average IRR and a 4x Equity Multiple on realized multifamily investments.
- Strong Targeted Return – CalNeva is targeting an annualized net return of 13% to 18%.
- Higher Negotiated Returns – The Access Fund has negotiated to receive a 12% preferred return from CalNeva, as compared to an 8% preferred return for direct investors into CalNeva. In addition, the Access Fund has negotiated to receive 80% of profits over the 12% preferred return, as compared to direct investors who receive only 75% of profit over the 8% preferred return.
- Attractive Investment Niche – The Investment Manager has proven that workforce housing investments can generate significant risk adjusted returns due to a lower than average price per unit and higher than average market cap rates by investing in areas like Los Angeles and Las Vegas with upward growth potential and limited downside risk.
- Experience – The Investment Manager is highly experienced with over 30 years of combined experience with assets under management of approximately $150 million. The Investment Manager is part a group of vertically integrated companies in property management, real estate brokerage and construction which allows them to have greater access to operational data and input to achieve solid returns.
- Skin-in-the-Game – The Investment Manager will invest 5% of the equity in the fund up to $ 1.5 million.
Given the verification provided by the Buttonwood report, the solid track record and experience of the CalNeva Workforce Housing investment fund manager, the enhanced 12% pref return and mid-teens targeted investment returns; this investment certainly checks a lot of boxes.
If you want to reach CityVest’s founder, Alan Donenfeld, he is at [email protected] or his phone number is 212-593-1600.
Disclaimer: By way of disclosure, I have a relationship with this company, meaning I get paid for making this introduction. This review is informational in nature and not a recommendation. None of the details have been independently verified. Every investment has a degree of risk that each investor must access with their own financial advisor, accountant and attorney. This opportunity is available only to accredited investors (income of $200K+ or investable assets of $1M+). You must review the offering material at CityVest’s website.