As you know, as part of the PhREI network, we decided to start a weekly roundup to share new activity from across the network. Enjoy!
Ian Cook of CarpeDiem MD tells you how to choose your ideal short-term rental market. In fact, he gives a step-by-step guide detailing exactly how to do so! By the end of the seven steps, you’ll be an expert!
Daniel Shin of the Darwinian Doctor gives three ways to avoid depreciation recapture tax on rental properties. The three options, you wonder? Here you go!
- Sell your property at a loss;
- A 1031 Exchange; or
- Keep your property until you die.
By the end of this post, you will understand depreciation, the depreciation recapture tax, and more about those three strategies to avoid this tax.
I’ve always said that I firmly believe a world of financially free doctors can drastically change and improve healthcare in more ways that you can dream up. How?
- Better patient care;
- Freedom to move on;
- Telling administrators to kick rocks;
- More ability to enact positive change on a systems level;
- Inspire other non financially free doctors;
- More medical research;
- Better mentorship and teaching;
- Better EMRs; and
- More national and international access to healthcare.