In this third episode of The Doctors and Dollars podcast, me and Vijay Kini talk to another physician with a really tragic but ultimately triumphant story. So what do doctors do when they get injured at work?
Doctors and Dollars Episode #3 Recap: Doctors Injured at Work
This is the first of a two part interview with Stephanie who is an OBGYN. Ten years into her practice, she experienced a work related injury. She had to give up clinical work and experienced significant emotional distress.
Her disability insurance policies were inadequate to cover her loss of income. After trying her hand at numerous non-clinical gigs (see a full list of possible physician side gigs here), she settled on a second career as a disability insurance broker and advisor.
This episode goes into a lot of awesome topics. These are so important for doctors to understand.
- The actual steps doctors should take if injured
- How to determine how much life and disability insurance you need
- What riders are good to include in your disability policy
- How to make sure your policy will actually pay out when you need it
- Finding your purpose after a career in medicine
I really hope that you are enjoying the podcast! If you do like it, please subscribe on any major podcast platform and give us a 5-star rating to help us spread our message!