This fourth episode of The Doctors and Dollars podcast is part II of the amazing discussion that me and Vijay Kini had with Dr. Stephanie Pearson: What Happens When Doctors Get Injured at Work?
As we learned in Episode #3, ten years into her practice as an OBGYN, she experienced a work related injury.
She had to give up clinical work and experienced significant emotional distress. Her disability insurance policies were inadequate to cover her loss of income. After trying her hand at numerous non-clinical gigs, she settled on a second career as a disability insurance broker and advisor.
This episode goes into a lot of awesome topics. These are so important for doctors to understand.
- The actual steps doctors should take if injured at work
- How to determine how much life and disability insurance you need
- What riders are good to include in your disability policy
- How to make sure your policy will actually pay out when you need it
- Finding your purpose after a career in medicine
I really hope that you are enjoying the podcast! If you do like it, please subscribe on any major podcast platform and give us a 5-star rating to help us spread our message!